No other day about love, family, and togetherness requires this much planning, organization or stress.
For most of us, our wedding day has a ton of build-up. Childhood marathons of Cinderella and more recent binges of Say Yes To The Dress have taught us to care.
We all want to feel beautiful. We all want our guests to feel comfortable and accommodated.
When your to-do-list includes negotiating traditions, satisfying difficult family members, lodging out-of-town guests and managing food restrictions, it is easy to forget about the most important thing—you and yours.
You, yes you, deserve some time for self-love. Of course, this is easier said than done, so City Kitchen came up with a few suggestions to get you started.
- Watch a light and funny wedding movie. Stay away from plots with runaways and controlling in-laws.
- Lavender has relaxing properties. Drink some lavender tea or add lavender oil to a bubble bath (Make sure there is no dye, we don’t want to see anyone look like a new member of the blue man group for their big day!!!)
- The engagement might be one of the most stressful times for your relationship. Go back and recreate some of your first dates as a reminder of why you want a marriage and not just a wedding.
- Say thank you and encourage your maid of honor. You don’t want to stress out about giving your best friend a huge burden. You want them to feel recognized, special and appreciated.
- Sign up for City Kitchen’s Wedding Day Ready class, taking place on April 9th from 2-4pm.
During the class, Brides-to-be (and their tag-a-long maids of honor, MOTB, bridesmaids, and sisters) will learn ways to naturally detox and destress in order to look and feel their best on the big day through various holistic techniques! Click here to read more about the class and the relaxing homemade remedies you will get to take home.